Please Share This Page:
Please be sure to Join our email list and receive all our latest and best tutorials daily – free!
Photo – © malwa – Fotolia.com
What Causes Wrinkles?
Wrinkles are every woman’s worst enemy – and many men don’t want them either! Collagen and elastin are responsible for keeping our skin smoother and younger looking.  As we age, our body’s levels of elastin and collagen goes down. At first, fine lines and creases are formed on the skin. As the loss of elasticity progresses, skin begins to get loose and wrinkles become pronounced. This is quite disturbing especially if you are still on your late 20’s or early 30’s. Although aging is the primary reason why skin starts to sag, there are other factors that contribute to the advancement of wrinkle formation. A lifestyle based on cigarette smoking, high alcohol consumption, unhealthy diet and no exercise will probably earn you premature wrinkles. Stress, dehydration, inadequate skin care and unprotected sun exposure also account for early wrinkle formation. The areas in our body most prone to wrinkles are around the eyes, forehead, cheeks, and necks. Women who are terribly afraid of getting wrinkles start slapping expensive creams all over their faces at a very young age. Those who already got them usually go see a Dermatologist and book a Botox session. Both methods require plenty of money which others do not have the luxury of.
Before spending a fortune in ridiculously pricey cream and treatments, take a look at our collection of home remedies and skin care tips.
Top 10 Home Remedies For Wrinkles
1. Drink Water: Plenty of It – If you do not drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water, then your skin is in deep trouble. Water is your skin’s number one source of moisture. If you lack proper hydration, your lips appear cracked, and your skin looks rough and blotchy. A dehydrated skin is more prone to getting premature wrinkles. Begin and end your day with a glass of water. If your work takes you to be always on your toes, bring a bottle of water with you. As you get into the habit of drinking water, you will be surprised at how fresh and supple your skin feels. Another tip is to investigate pure coconut water (get one of the brands with nothing else added). You may find that it gives you a subtle improvement – as well as being very hydrating.
2. Load up on Vitamins A, C & E – A diet rich in vitamins A, C, and E is widely considered to contribute to a younger-looking skin. Vitamin C plays a critical role in collagen production.  Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant that scours out free radicals, which cause wrinkles and skin sagging. Vitamin A has been proven to improve skin’s elasticity and encourage the production of skin-building compounds, thus being a popular ingredient in many anti-wrinkle creams nowadays.  If you fill your diet with foods that are high in these vitamins, then you skin will surely get the best “internal pampering” out there. Buy grapefruits, oranges and berries, and make it a goal to include oily fishes in your meals at least thrice a week. A healthy diet means a healthy skin – pure and simple.
3. Moisturize, moisturize and moisturize – Many believe that if they invest in the most expensive branded creams, it will take away a decade from their looks. They forgot the basic which is proper moisturization. If they do it consistently, then wrinkles are sure to be far away from knocking early. In a long-term study funded by a renowned beauty brand, it was found out that wrinkles develop more slowly to those well-hydrated and moisturized skin rather than to women with dry skin.  So start using a good moisturizer if you want a wrinkle-free complexion. Make use of natural oils such as pure coconut oil and olive oil – which are very cost effective compared to many facial products. All you need is a little amount and apply a thin layer all over your face.
4. Exfoliate at least once a week– Exfoliation is the act of removing dead skin cells revealing a fresh layer of skin, thus, stimulating the skin to produce a new batch of dermal cells. Skin renewal cycle is between 15 to 28 days.  If you do not exfoliate, dry flakes and dead skin layer piles up, resulting in dull-looking complexion. They are kitchen recipes you can use to exfoliate your skin. Sugar is a prominent exfoliation ingredient and you can mix it essential, moisturizing oils like olive and coconut. Fruits also play a key ingredient in exfoliation such as avocado and papaya. During the exfoliation process, skin is stripped with natural oils so it is very important to replenish the lost moisture.
5. Indulge in Citrus Face Party – Lemon and pineapple are all-time favorite homemade facial masks. Lemon and pineapples are rich in Vitamin C and alpha-hydroxy acid. The former aids the skin in collagen formation while the latter improves fine lines and plumps up existing wrinkles. Pineapple also is high in enzyme bromelain which helps get rid of dead skin cells.  Eat lemon and pineapple extensively to maintain that youthful glow. For an additional boost, use them as facial masks. Rub a slice of lemon or pineapple all over your face in a circular motion, paying attention to wrinkle-prone areas like forehead, chin and cheeks. Leave the thin mask for 10 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water. Cucumber slices and watermelon also are a time-honored treat for the face.
6. Swap Coffee for Cocoa – Back in 2006, a study was published in The Journal of Nutrition about the efficacy of cocoa as nature’s excellent weapon against dermal water loss, poor circulation, and UV damage. Cocoa has rich contents of catechin and epicatchin- 2 flavanols that protect skin from sun exposure, improve skin cell circulation, and promote hydration, thus resulting to a smoother and healthier skin. 
7. When Cleansing Face, Do Not Go Overboard – Cleansing skin from dirt and makeup is a necessary step in maintaining a youthful skin but washing more than 2 times a day with soap can do more harm than help. Wash your skin in the morning and before going to sleep, and use a gentle cleanser. If you are using soap, make sure it is a moisturizing one.
8. Facial Massage Is a Must – Facial massage improves blood circulation, stimulates oxygen flow, thereby enhancing dermal condition.  When doing a facial massage, use the tips of your fingers and work them in circular motion starting from the neck all through your forehead. It is best to massage your neck and face in the morning upon waking up. It is also often suggested not to go too hard – as this can stretch the skin.
9. Have A Glass Of Red Wine – A surprising study was conducted involving women in their 30s, 40s and 50s taking red wine extract pills. After six weeks, subjects reported a significant improvement in their skin’s elasticity. Reports of the study indicated that the subjects felt and looked younger.  Just be sure not to have a cigarette at the same time: Kick the smoking habit, as smoke is a well known cause of “aged” skin. If you do not want the alcohol, you could try red grape juice – though be careful to read the label and find one that is actually pure grape juice.
10. Live a Healthy Lifestyle – All these anti-wrinkle home remedies are less effective if you lead a stressful lifestyle. Getting an adequate amount of sleep is super-important for your skin. Don’t spend too long in the sun. Also, hit the gym after working hours or during weekends. Be active and plan a hiking trip. Eat right and load up on fruits and vegetables.
 “Wrinkles.” Mayo Clinic. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 July 2013. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/wrinkles/DS00890
 “Drop a Decade from Your Face.” Articles. Dr. Oz. N.p., 31 Oct. 2012. Web. 31 July 2013. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/drop-decade-your-face
 Pitman, Simon. “New Study Proves Vitamin A fights wrinkles.” Cosmetic Design. N.p., 21 May 2007. Web. 31 July 2013. http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/Formulation-Science/New-study-proves-vitamin-A-fights-wrinkles
 Hart-Davis, Alice. “Back to basics: Nothing keeps wrinkles at bay better than moisturiser.” Mail Online. N.p., 10 June 2010. Web. 31 July 2013. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/beauty/article-1284498/Back-basics-Nothing-keeps-wrinkles-bay-better-moisturiser.html
 “Exfoliation and Wrinkles.” Health Formula. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 July 2013. http://www.healthformula.com/antiaging/exfoliation.html
 “Textbook Of Natural Medicine” ed. Joseph E. Pizzorno & Michael T. Murray, P.622. http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=6cjgo1IixvEC&pg=PA622
 Heinrich, U, et al. “Long-term ingestion of high flavanol cocoa provides photoprotection against UV-induced erythema and improves skin condition in women.” The Journal of Nutrition 136.6 (2006): 1565-9. Pub MEd. Web. 31 July 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16702322
 Strong, Dacia. “HOME REMEDIES TO REMOVE FINE WRINKLES.” LIvestrong. N.p., 13 June 2010. Web. 31 July 2013. http://www.livestrong.com/article/147329-home-remedies-to-remove-fine-wrinkles/
 Fischer, Julia. “Can a dose of red wine rid you of wrinkles?” Mail Online. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 July 2013. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4632/Can-dose-red-wine-rid-wrinkles.html
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2017.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy, right? However…
Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
=> “Red” Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- Amazing Free Numerology Report
- [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a “Pancreas Jumpstart”
- 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
- The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
If you enjoyed this page:
Please Share This Page: