Please Share This Page:
Please be sure to Join our email list and receive all our latest and best tutorials daily – free!
Background Photo – Wikimedia (public domain)
Arthritis is an autoimmune disorder that causes inflammation of the joints. Areas like the jaw, elbows, knees and hips are most vulnerable. In the early stages, you may complain of pain from time to time. But being physically active gradually becomes more challenging as arthritis progresses – and as the condition worsens some find themselves home bound. In America, Arthritis is the number 1 cause of disability. 
There are over 100 different forms of Arthritis. It could be the primary disorder or a consequence of another disease. There is no official known direct cause of Arthritis. Genetics are regarded to play a huge role in the development of this disease. Doctors prescribe over-the-counter pain killers and anti-inflammatory for people suffering from arthritis. However as we know, these prescribed drugs may create side effects. As a result, people have begun looking for natural alternative treatments for Arthritis.
10 Home Made Remedies That Offer Arthritis Sufferers Relief
1. Ginger – The Chinese and Indian have used ginger extensively for 25,000 years against nausea and pain. Today, ginger remains one of the most widespread natural pain relievers, and this has been supported by some scientific studies. A study conducted in University of Miami School of Medicine headed by renowned rheumatologist Professor Ray Altman has discovered that ginger does provide relief from pain.  The proponents of the research studied the reaction of 250 subjects with osteoarthritis. Some were given placebo while the rest received ginger pills. The group noted that 67% of those taking ginger tablets reported significant relief from pain. So you could make it a habit of drinking a cup or two of ginger tea, and if you prefer a slightly sweeter taste- add honey.
2. Celery – Obviously a perfect choice for garnishes dishes, Celery has another use for medical purposes. Clinical studies show that Celery – surprisingly – contains more than 20 anti-inflammatory agents! One compound is polycetylene that provides relief for inflammation involved in rheumatoid arthritis, gouty arthritis and osteoarthritis. Another recent study conducted in America discovered the phytonutrient called luteolin, which is held responsible for the prevention of activation of a neuro pathway that allows inflammation. The same phytonutrient curbs down the excess production of TNF-alpha, which is known as the direct cause of inflammation.  If you are suffering from arthritis, drink as many celery juices as your lifestyle can afford.
3. Warm Water Bath or Hot Compress – Hot compress does a good job in providing relief from pain, and it has probably been mentioned in every health-related book. In the case of arthritis where joints are painful, you can get relief from pain by using a hot compress if the condition is still on its early stage or the joint pain is isolated. However, if the pain location is multiple, get on a tub filled with warm water and immerse for about 30 minutes to a maximum of 1 hour.
4. Peppermint – You may not know this, but peppermint contains significant anti-inflammatory agents and is extensively endorsed as an alternative medicine for mild headaches and toothaches. To get the same benefits for relieving arthritic pain, you can use the extracts of peppermint as a hot compress or as a juice. To make a hot compress out of peppermint, just pound some pieces of fresh leaves heated over the fire and apply it directly over the affected joints. To keep the leaves in place, wrap a bandage around it. To make a drinking juice, boil at least 4 sundried or air dried leaves in 2 cups of water for at least 15 minutes. Drink half or one full glass, depending on the severity of pain every four hours.
5. Epsom Salts – According the US National Academy of Sciences, deficiency in magnesium accounts for higher rates of stroke, stress-related disorders, osteoporosis, heart disease, chronic fatigue, and arthritis. Therefore, a little help from Epsom salts to soothe arthritic and joint pain could go a long way. Epsom salts are also known as hydrated magnesium sulfate. The high content of magnesium and sulfates Epsom salts is the reason why we will forever need help from this kitchen staple. Since magnesium is easily absorbed by the skin, enjoying a bath with a dash of Epsom salts is enough to soothe our joints from pain. The sulfates are not without part as they are responsible for the formation for joint proteins.  Here’s what you must do if your joints feel vulnerable and sore: immerse yourself in a tub of lukewarm water diluted with a cup of Epsom salts.
6. Fish Oil – In any illness that involves inflammation, one should pay attention to the hormones that control it and they are called prostaglandins, which are made from the omega-3 fatty acid. Do you know an item found in your kitchen that has a high content of omega-3? Yes, fish oil it is. The prostaglandins from omega-3 fatty acids are very relevant in arthritis because they are capable reducing inflammation.  Also, fish oil encourages the production of sulphate, which is mentioned in the previous item that is responsible for joint protein formation. So from now on, you might want to eat some fish that has high concentrations of fish oil but low in mercury concentrations i.e. Salmon.
7. Cinnamon and Honey – The combination of cinnamon and honey is considered a haven from several ailments including arthritis. A study at Copenhagen University indicated that a cup of honey and cinnamon before breakfast is a powerful beverage for providing relief of arthritic pain.  Simply mix 1 teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a cup of hot water. Starting with a smaller amount is always good until you know “how much is too much” – however if you prefer a stronger taste, some make it 2 teaspoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
8. Eucalyptus Oil – The oil from this medicinal plant has discovered to have anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties. A study conducted in India suggests the potential action of eucalyptus oil as anti-inflammatory and ant-arthritic agent. Although it was tested via the in-vitro method, this breakthrough sets a platform for therapeutic use in the future, and encourages further studies.  For now, dab a drop or two of eucalyptus oil directly over the affected joint and massage it tenderly.
9. Cherries – This red fruit can lower the incidence of gouty arthritis attacks, and an interesting study performed in Boston can help point out the truth behind this claim. The proponents studied 633 subjects with gout, and results showed that those who had cherry intake for over a 2-day period has a significant 35% decrease of gouty arthritis attacks.  If you are suffering from gouty arthritis, try eating some fresh cherries or treat yourself to a refreshing glass of cherry juice. Simply put several pieces of cherries in a blender and add water for a delicious, natural juice treat.
10. Turmeric – This is a common kitchen spice found in almost all households in India and some parts of Asia. Some studies show the probability of turmeric as an alternative treatment for arthritis because of it anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Compounds present in turmeric suggest that it has a capability to ease symptoms of arthritis such as inflammation and pain,  although further studies are encouraged by experts.
Note: We also have another 2 pagea related to this arthritis – Top 10 Herbs For Arthritis and How To Make Hot Pepper Cream For Arthritis And Joint Pain
 “Arthritis.” Wikipedia. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 July 2013. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthritis
 Chapman, James. “How ginger can ease the agony of arthritis.” Health. Mail Online. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 July 2013. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-85239/How-ginger-ease-agony-arthritis.html
 Water, Sheryl. “The Incredible Powers of Celery Juice.” Natural News. N.p., 24 Oct. 2008. Web. 22 July 2013. http://www.naturalnews.com/024596_celery_juicing.html
 Breyer, Melissa. “Health Benefits of Epsom Salt Baths.” Food Matters. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 July 2013. http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/health-benefits-of-epsom-salt-baths
 Moss, Margaret. “Arthritis: A Nutritional Approach.” N.p., n.d. Web. 22 July 2013. http://hciglobal.fatcow.com/library/articles/CMM022Moss.PDF
 “Cinnamon and Honey.” Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Group. MD Junction. N.p., 2 Jan. 2013. Web. 22 July 2013. http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/rheumatoid-arthritis-discussions/general-support/10368283-cinnamon-and-honey
 Rahman, Habibur, Chinna Eswaraiah, and Kamala Vakati. “In-Vitro Studies Suggest Probable Mechanism Of Eucalyptus Oil For Anti-Inflammatory And Anti-Arthritic Activity.” International Journal Of Phytopharmacy 2.3 (2013): n. pag. Abstract. Web. 22 July 2013. http://ijpp.ssjournals.com/index.php/journal/article/view/22
 Zhang, Y, et al. “Cherry consumption and decreased risk of recurrent gout attacks.” Arthritis and Rheumatism 64.12 (2012): 4004-11. Abstract. PubMed.gov. Web. 22 July 2013. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23023818
 “Turmeric (Curcumin).” Vitamins and Supplements Lifestyle Guide. Web MD. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 July 2013. http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/lifestyle-guide-11/supplement-guide-turmeric
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2016.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try These Old-Time Survival Tips
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a “Pancreas Jumpstart”
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
- The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
A quick note from our founder -
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
That's right - as a special launch promotion, we're offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) - All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy, right? However…
Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
=> “Red” Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
If you enjoyed this page:
Please Share This Page: