Please Share This Page:
Please be sure to Join our email list and receive all our latest tutorials daily – free!
Image – © Natika – fotolia.com
It’s common knowledge that a diet rich in fruit and vegetables will help to keep your immune system in good shape. Recent scientific studies and experience are revealing amazing nutritional properties of certain fruits – and with the right knowledge they can be used in the treatment and prevention of specific health problems. Watermelon not only tastes great, it’s full of health-giving nutrients, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants so we’re keen to share the following list of its benefits!
1. Highly alkalising – the pH balance of the body is regarded as crucial for good health, eating watermelon helps to counteract harmful acidity levels that are produced by many common foods in the western diet. 
2. Reduces high blood pressure – Several studies have found benefits from watermelon to the cardiovascular system. A 2012 study found that watermelon extract supplementation (6g per day for 6 weeks) reduced ankle blood pressure and carotid augmentation index in obese adults with prehypertension or hypertension.  A 2014 study found that watermelon may provide cardioprotection by reducing aortic blood pressure in obese adults with hypertension. 
3. Reduces heart disease – Recent research shows clear signs that watermelon can reduce arteriosclerosis in animals. As a rich source of citrulline, it makes sense that it may also reduce arterial plaque in humans. High levels of potassium also contribute to a healthy heart. Consumption of watermelon juice has been found to increase plasma concentrations of lycopene and beta-carotene and numerous scientific studies have already shown lycopene good for the cardiovascular health.  
4. Reduces blood sugar – Great news for diabetes sufferers! Watermelon is included in the list of plants and foods that can help to lower blood glucose levels, simulating the effect of insulin in the body. 
5. High water content – Fully ripe watermelons contain over 90% water, perfect to quench your thirst on a hot day! More than that, water-rich foods are regarded as being especially beneficial for overall health as dehydration causes adverse conditions in the body.
7. Strengthens bones – Lycopene is generally accepted as being beneficial for bone health so it makes a good remedy to help combat degenerative bone diseases such as osteoporosis. 
8. Produces energy – watermelon contains natural sugars and vitamin B to boost your energy levels without the unwanted effects of refined sugar or chemically enhanced energy drinks.
9. Cleans Kidneys – The high concentration of citrulline, which is converted by the body into arginine, has positive implications for urinary system health  and the high water content also assists here.
10. Anti Cancer – Studies have indicated that the antioxidant lycopene, which gives watermelons their characteristic red colour, may have supplementary benefits in the treatment and prevention of prostate and other cancers. Lycopene is noted for its ability to combat free radicals that trigger the onset and development of many chronic degenerative diseases like cancer. The seeds also contain triterpenes that can help to inhibit the growth of leukaemia cells. Interestingly, lycopene is also present in tomatoes and is thought to be one of the reasons for the overall healthfulness of the mediterranean diet. 
Note that it may be important to be somewhat moderate in the consumption of fruits due to their sugar content – watermelon has low sucrose levels but is quite high in fructose. Also for best results, only eat organic fruit and avoid pesticide toxicity.
Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy, right? However…
Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
=> “Red” Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
Chef Loses 60 lbs While Working On Astonishing New Cookbook: Here's Where You Can Get The Recipes FREE
I have something very exciting to share with you today... Over the past year, my friends at PaleoHacks have been working on a super secret cookbook project with the world-renowned Peter Servold -- a Le Cordon Bleu (World's top culinary school!) trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door - for FREE!
That's right -- as a special launch promotion, they're offering their brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost.
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef-created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes -- which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar. But most importantly, they are EASY and FAST to make when you see how Pete simplifies gourmet cooking.
Pete has well over 10,000 hours of experience cooking these super healthy gourmet meals -- refining his recipes over the past 10+ years for the absolute perfect taste.
Inside, you'll find recipes like:
• Pan-Roasted Pork Chops w/ Rutabaga Puree & Roasted Beets
• Mongolian Red Pepper Beef w/ Roasted Spaghetti Squash & Chard
• Pear & Proscuitto Salad
• Braised Pulled Pork w/ Sauteed Kale & Roasted Baby Carrots
• (get this) - BACON BARS.
- And a LOT more!
Over 80 amazingly delicious recipes that will help you lose body fat, improve your digestion, boost your energy & immunity, get clearer skin, control blood sugar and help to slow the aging process. You'll even see on this page how Chef Pete himself lost 60 lbs using these recipes!
Pete's meals are out of this world amazing -- you'll get to experience some of the tastiest versions of Paleo favorites -- and some new flavors and recipes that I can guarantee you've never tried:
Grab this opportunity today while it's still available!
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a “Pancreas Jumpstart”
- 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
- The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
If you enjoyed this page:
Please Share This Page: