Please Share This Page:
Please be sure to Join our email list and receive all our latest tutorials daily – free!
image – Wikipedia (PD)
Most people use conventional OTC meeds such as Anbesol and Orajel when they have toothache. These conventional products’ active ingredient is benzocaine, an anesthetic – however this is known to cause allergic reactions and other side effects.
A 2006 human trial published in the Journal of Dentistry discovered that homemade clove essential oil gel works as effectively as benzocaine 20% gel for helping toothache and chronic tooth pain. 
Clove Oil’s “Double Action”
Clove essential oil has a “double action”: First it is strongly antibacterial (as well as antifungal) and the secret to its potent antibacterial effect lies on its phenolic compound content, principally eugenol.
Clove oil also acts as a painkiller and it’s interesting to note that it has a history of centuries of use for tooth and gum pain. Whole cloves were an old folk-remedy for toothache, being applied to or stuffed into the painful area of the tooth, or even chewed with the affected tooth if this is possible. Whole clove is a further option if you have neither the EO nor any other medications available. Some dentists and toothache kits still use pure eugenol for emergency treatment of toothaches and clove oil was once standard in this application!
Clove Oil Safety
Important safety notes on using clove essential oil:
1) Use clove oil only as a temporarily pain relief and not a permanent solution. You should make an appointment with a dental professional as soon as possible – however if toothache strikes “after hours” (or if you happen to find yourself “Off the Grid” / in a survival situation) clove oil may help.
2) Pure clove oil is very powerful and it could burn your skin or cause nausea if you use it full strength. Dilute with olive oil (one part clove, 2 parts olive oil). Then, do a skin test to find out if you are allergic to cloves – apply a small amount to your skin i.e. inside of the forearm and wait. If any rash appears, it would be advisable to seek an alternative.
3) Be sure to use a high quality pure essential oil.
Further reading: Read our full essential oil report to learn more about Clove Essential Oil
 The effect of clove and benzocaine versus placebo as topical anesthetics. J. Dent. (2006) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16530911
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2017.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a “Pancreas Jumpstart”
- 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
- The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
If you enjoyed this page:
Please Share This Page: