Please Share This Page:
Please be sure to Join our email list and receive all our latest and best tutorials daily – free!
Image (with permission) – Everydayroots.com
Here’s an idea that I at first found surprising – and then fascinating.
Who would have thought that hot peppers – noted for their fiery taste and ability to add kick to anything graced with their presence – could act as painkillers by topical application? Most would assume that they just create a burning sensation.
Hot peppers contain a substance called capsaicin. It is the component responsible for the heat – and the hotter the pepper, the more capsaicin it has in it.
It turns out that capsaicin acts to deplete a substance in the body called Substance P (that’s its actual name!). What’s really remarkable is that Substance P is a neurotransmitter that transmits pain signals to the brain.
In short, what this means is that capsaicin may function as a painkiller through topical application!
Our good friends at Everyday Roots have posted three formulas for Homemade Hot Pepper Creams for Arthritis & Joint Pain. One of the three is “normal” strength, the second is “super”; and the third includes a few other ingredients that are noted for anti-inflammatory action.
A couple of safety tips:
1) of course – be VERY careful not to get this stuff in your eyes. In other words, no rubbing your eyes (or other delicate parts) unless and until you have washed your hands thoroughly of all traces of this cream. Don’t get it on broken skin, either. It is also advised to stop use if irritation occurs – and of course, seek medical attention for significant pain.
2) Don’t use in conjunction with a heat pack, as this could cause a burn.
Please note also that we also have a couple more posts related to pain relief:
Ok here is the link to the original list and tutorial for how to make the hot pepper cream: http://everydayroots.com/arthritis-pain-relief-cream
Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy, right? However…
Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
=> “Red” Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try These Old-Time Survival Tips
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a “Pancreas Jumpstart”
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
- The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
A quick note from our founder -
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
That's right - as a special launch promotion, we're offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) - All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
If you enjoyed this page:
Please Share This Page: