Please Share This Page:
Please be sure to Join our email list and receive all our latest and best tutorials daily – free!
Image – FrugallySustainable.com (via web archive)
We’ve discovered a great formula for an antiseptic wound spray. This would be a wonderful addition to a herbal home remedy chest! According to Frugally Sustainable, who hosts the formula, it works at least as well as any store-bought antiseptic wound spray – and of course it contains pure natural ingredients.
Note that the formula is for minor injuries. It’s made to be ok for use on broken skin – but not intended for deep / puncture type wounds. So use it for minor scrapes and stuff, and of course if you are “properly hurt” then you should of course seek immediate medical attention.
This is one of the more detailed formulas that we have shared. Here’s a quick summary of the ingredients – the recipe calls for:
Thyme leaves and flowers
Yarrow and/or Goldenseal root
Castile soap, liquid
Grapefruit seed extract, optional
Lavender Essential Oil
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Thyme Essential Oil
Myrrh Essential Oil
Homegrown or organic ingredients are advised – and using fresh herbs is suggested if possible. The fresh herbs are infused into the witch hazel extract first and then the other ingredients are added. Note that the soap will act as an emulsifier to the essential oils.
Here is the link to the full tutorial: http://frugallysustainable.com/2013/05/herbs-for-first-aid-a-recipe-for-a-first-aid-antiseptic-wound-spray/ (via web archive)
Note also that for those who don’t want to go to the trouble of making this formula themselves, Frugally Sustainable has an Etsy shop where it is available for purchase. (link is at the foot of their tutorial).
Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy, right? However…
Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
=> “Red” Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- Most People Don't Have The Guts To Try These Old-Time Survival Tips
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a “Pancreas Jumpstart”
- Survive The End Days (Preparation Tips For TEOTWAWKI)
- 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
- Bullet Proof Home (Amazing Secret Tactics To Protect Your Home Against Looters, Thugs And Thieves)
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
- The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
A quick note from our founder -
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE!
That's right - as a special launch promotion, we're offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) - All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
If you enjoyed this page:
Please Share This Page: