Please Share This Page:
Infographic © healthinfocus.net
Colors have a profound effect on our general mood and disposition every day – the right colors can bring a calming and soothing effect, while others can be energizing, evoke sadness or even change our behavior.
The study of hues as a determinant for human behavior is called color psychology, and it has been widely practiced in therapy, marketing, and even in crime reduction.  Studying how colors can affect human behavior and emotions is also a key strategy used by companies in efficiently branding their products in a way that appeals to the buyer.
Different Effects Of Colors In The Body
1. Red. As a very intense and strong color due to being in the longest wavelength, the color red is associated with energy, war, danger, passion, desire, life force and love. Red increases enthusiasm, stimulates energy, and provides a sense of protection from fears and anxiety. However, too much exposure to this color may provoke frustration and anger.
Research says that wearing red makes men more affectionate to women since it also evokes erotic feelings. Marketers also use red in their logos to attract impulse shoppers because it stimulates people to make quick decisions.
2. Yellow. The color yellow has a long wavelength and stimulates the mental processes of the nervous system. Since it is the color of sunshine, yellow is associated with happiness because it helps release serotonin, a chemical in the brain responsible for a happy mood. It also enhances concentration and encourages communication.
Light yellow is often used to promote children’s toys since it is also associated with leisure. However, dull yellow represents caution when paired with black, as seen on street signs.
3. Orange. Orange is the combination of red and yellow, and it represents enthusiasm, creativity, encouragement, and stimulation. Orange also stimulates the appetite and focuses our minds on the things that give physical comfort, like shelter, food, and warmth.
Since orange stimulates mental activity, wearing clothes or accessories in this color might help you focus on your exams. It also improves your mood because it is associated with happiness.
4. Green. Being the color of nature, green symbolizes growth, harmony, freshness, and fertility. It is the color of balance since it is in the center of the spectrum, which soothes and relaxes us mentally and physically by alleviating stress and depression. Green has healing and hygienic effects, which makes it restful to the eyes.
This color is used to indicate safety in drugs and medical products. It can also be used to promote ‘green’ or organic products since it is related to nature. You may also paint your room or workplace green to help you relax during stressful moments.
5. Blue. The color blue is the symbol of loyalty, intelligence, faith, and truth. It calms the mind, promotes concentration, and slows down metabolism. According to studies, it is a color that is highly accepted as having “high status” among males. Blue also – curiously – makes materials appear to be lighter in weight that is why weightlifters find it easier to lift heavy weights in gyms which are painted blue.
Avoid using blue in food-related products and promotions because it suppresses the appetite. However, you can use it in products or services related to cleanliness, such as water purifiers or laundry shops.
6. Purple. Purple is symbolizes royalty, wealth, and luxury. It encourages deep contemplation, meditation, and higher levels of thought. Purple offers a strong sense of spirituality and encourages creativity. It has also been found, surpringly, to intensify sexual activity among couples. People who wear people are often perceived to be wealthy and this has a historical basis as purple used to be a rare color reserved for and associated with royalty. Bright purple is used to promote children’s products such as toys, while light purple is often used for feminine designs.
7. White. Seeing white conveys purity, goodness, and cleanliness. White has a good connotation as opposed to black because people associate it with goodness and innocence. It also symbolizes sterility and hygiene which is why baby products come in white packaging, and why doctors and nurses wear white as their uniforms. White may be elevating to mood and clarity.
If you are advertising and want to emphasize the simplicity of your high-tech products, you can use the color white. White is also associated with low-fat food and dairy products.
8. Black. Associated with elegance, authority, mystery, the night, sensuality, formality and mourning black absorbs all the colors and does not reflect wavelength. Black is however regarded by some as a menacing color because it has been linked with death and evil, and most people are afraid of the dark. Black may encourage deep thinking, somber thoughts and a desire to be wilful, controlled and self-actuated.
In clothing, black can make you appear slim, mysterious and extremely sophisticated. Black also makes other colors stand out, so it is a good choice for a background when using colorful objects. However, using black in conjunction with other colors makes an intense color combination and could evoke aggressiveness.
 Color Psychology
 Psychological Properties of Colours
 Colors: How Does It Affect Your Body
 Color Meaning
 Effect of Different Colors on Human Mind and Body
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2017.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy, right? However…
Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
=> “Red” Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- Amazing Free Numerology Report
- [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a “Pancreas Jumpstart”
- 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
- The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
If you enjoyed this page:
Please Share This Page: