Please Share This Page:
Please be sure to Join our email list and receive all our latest tutorials daily – free!
Facts You Need To Know About Cholesterol graphic © naturalhealthzone.org.
Food images – Wikipedia lic. under CC (see foot of article for full license info)
Did you know that according to studies, eating food such as red meat, milk, products that are high in dairy content, and deep fried food contribute to having high cholesterol?  High cholesterol is known to increase the risk of having stroke, heart attacks and clogging of the arteries.  The medical term for high blood cholesterol is hyperlipidemia (lipid disorder). 
Cholesterol in the body is divided into two types, the “good cholesterol” or HDL, and the “bad cholesterol” or LDL. In simple terms, eating less foods that have bad cholesterol and consuming more of those those rich in good cholesterol is a key strategy to decreasing your risk of stroke, heart attacks and clogged arteries. 
Certain foods, interestingly, have been found to have direct cholesterol-lowering effects. These food items have been studied by scientists and they have all been found to help lower bad cholesterol in the body:
1) Cocoa Products: Studies have shown that having a Spanish-Mediterranean diet and eating 15mg of cacao daily reduces bad cholesterol in the body by increasing the good cholesterol.  Eating cacao didn’t only help the healthy individuals but also those who have moderate hypercholesterolemia, or greatly elevated cholesterol levels. Note that while chocolate contains cacao, it’s advisable to find cacao products with low sugar and/or less harmful sugars. It’s possible to obtain pure raw cacao and this can easily be added to smoothies and many other foods for the beneficial effects.
2) Okra, Eggplant, Vegetables in General: A diet rich in vegetables has been shown to increase good cholesterol and reduce the bad.  However specific vegetables have shown very interesting results in tests – for example okra, which was found by a 2014 study to have direct potential to be considered as a “medicinal food” for the management of high cholesterol: In the study, okra dose-dependently decreased serum and hepatic total cholesterol and triglyceride, and enhanced fecal excretion of bile acids.  Beneficial effects have also been noted for eggplant (aka aubergine). 
3) Fruit: Consuming fresh fruit of all kinds also has been associated with healthy cholesterol levels. 
4) Fiber rich food such as barley, oats, and whole grain:  According to the nutrition guidelines, 20 to 35 grams of fiber is recommended to be consumed daily. 
5) Soy and soy products: Soy products – from tofu to soy milk can reduce bad cholesterol.  Research has shown that eating 25 grams/day of soy protein lowers bad cholesterol by 5-6%. 
7) Fatty fish: Eating fish such as salmon two or 3 times per week can lower LDL in two ways: first by replacing meat portions, which have LDL-boosting saturated fats, and by delivering LDL-lowering omega-3 fats. Omega-3 fats have been found to reduce triglycerides in the bloodstream and protect the heart. 
All in all, consuming soy and soy products, fish, nuts, fiber-rich food, vegetables and fruits or food items with known cholesterol-lowering properties reduces high cholesterol significantly.  Changing one’s eating habits may not be easy at first. But making the switch from consuming LDL food items to HDL ones is just one of the ways to be healthier and to decrease the risk of getting cardiovascular-related diseases.
 11 foods that lower cholesterol. http://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/11-foods-that-lower-cholesterol
 High Cholesterol. http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Cholesterol/Pages/Introduction.aspx
 Hyperlipidemia – American Heart Association www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000403.htm
 Realistic intake of a flavanol-rich soluble cocoa product increases HDL-cholesterol without inducing anthropometric changes in healthy and moderately hypercholesterolemic subjects. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24394704
 Lowering LDL-cholesterol through diet: potential role in the statin era. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21233620
 Hypolipidemic activity of okra is mediated through inhibition of lipogenesis and upregulation of cholesterol degradation (2014) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23606408
 Direct comparison of a dietary portfolio of cholesterol-lowering foods with a statin in hypercholesterolemic participants (2005) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15699225
 Effect of a dietary portfolio of cholesterol-lowering foods given at 2 levels of intensity of dietary advice on serum lipids in hyperlipidemia: a randomized controlled trial. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21862744
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2017.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy, right? However…
Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
=> “Red” Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- Amazing Free Numerology Report
- [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a “Pancreas Jumpstart”
- 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
- The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
If you enjoyed this page:
Please Share This Page: