Please Share This Page:
Please be sure to Join our email list and receive all our latest and best tutorials daily – free!
Photo © Hayati Kayhan – Fotolia.com
Today’s set of “weird but amazing uses for everyday objects” is all about the humble egg and its shell – and definitely contains some weird ones. A few of them are just plain “out there”. Many of these I had not heard of before my recent discovery of Eco Salon’s page (link at the foot of my commentary).
Most of the 20 uses are pretty brilliant – and there are a few that really caught my eye. I love the idea of egg white makeshift band-aid… and the jewelry enhancer? There’s some interesting chemistry at work there… presumably the egg yolk reacts with the silver to create silver sulphide – which may result in an interesting hued-patina on the surface of the silver. Whatever the results, it seems likely that you could clean off the patina with silver polish if you wanted to.
I have to be honest, though: A couple of these I would not try. I just wouldn’t. Egg yolk as facial or egg yolk as shampoo? No, I am not cracking an egg in my hair or on my face! I’m just not! Is this just the latest extension of the fashion for edible items ending up in bathroom products? Or is there actually something to it? Can someone verify?
I’ve searched around (plenty of articles on this subject) and found a few other uses to add in as a bonus…
1) Eggshells can be used as an abrasive due to their roughness. However, they would leave scratches on stainless steel.
2) Slug deterrent. Grind the eggshells roughly and sprinkle them around the base of precious plants. Think about it, slugs and worms are not going to like this crunchy, scrapey stuff – and it’s eco friendly as not only will the eggshell biodegrade fully after a while, but it will provide essential nutrients (calcium) for the plant. Triple action!
3) Natural News has a confident-sounding article about tooth remineralization using comfrey and eggshells! I have no idea if this works, but it is a fascinating concept and “looks good on paper” due to the properties of these two items.
4) Cat deterrent. Apparently cats don’t like walking on crunched up eggshells either – and it is said that they will habitually avoid areas where the pieces have been scattered.
5) Use the eggshells as seed planters. This is an elegant idea, and I made a post about it recently: How To Plant Seeds Using Eggshells
A safety tip – it is possible that eggshells may contain bacteria. Putting them in a 150 degree oven for 10 minutes prior to use is suggested, as is cleaning the eggs prior to opening them.
Anyway here is the link to the full list of 20 weird but amazing uses for eggs and eggshells: http://ecosalon.com/20-unusual-uses-for-eggs-egg-shells-and-egg-cartons
I Can't Help Showing This Off:
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2017.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
The #1 Muscle That Eliminates Joint And Back Pain, Anxiety And Looking Fat
By Mike Westerdal CPT
Can you guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat?
This is especially important if you spend a significant amount of time sitting every day (I do, and this really affects me in a big way!)
Working this "hidden survival muscle" that most people are simply not training because no-one ever taught them how will boost your body shape, energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this "hidden" most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out this page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life:
Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy, right? However…
Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
=> “Red” Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- Amazing Free Numerology Report
- [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a “Pancreas Jumpstart”
- 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
- The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
If you enjoyed this page:
Please Share This Page: