Please Share This Page:
Please be sure to Join our email list and receive all our latest and best tutorials daily – free!
Photo © Hayati Kayhan – Fotolia.com
Today’s set of “weird but amazing uses for everyday objects” is all about the humble egg and its shell – and definitely contains some weird ones. A few of them are just plain “out there”. Many of these I had not heard of before my recent discovery of Eco Salon’s page (link at the foot of my commentary).
Most of the 20 uses are pretty brilliant – and there are a few that really caught my eye. I love the idea of egg white makeshift band-aid… and the jewelry enhancer? There’s some interesting chemistry at work there… presumably the egg yolk reacts with the silver to create silver sulphide – which may result in an interesting hued-patina on the surface of the silver. Whatever the results, it seems likely that you could clean off the patina with silver polish if you wanted to.
I have to be honest, though: A couple of these I would not try. I just wouldn’t. Egg yolk as facial or egg yolk as shampoo? No, I am not cracking an egg in my hair or on my face! I’m just not! Is this just the latest extension of the fashion for edible items ending up in bathroom products? Or is there actually something to it? Can someone verify?
I’ve searched around (plenty of articles on this subject) and found a few other uses to add in as a bonus…
1) Eggshells can be used as an abrasive due to their roughness. However, they would leave scratches on stainless steel.
2) Slug deterrent. Grind the eggshells roughly and sprinkle them around the base of precious plants. Think about it, slugs and worms are not going to like this crunchy, scrapey stuff – and it’s eco friendly as not only will the eggshell biodegrade fully after a while, but it will provide essential nutrients (calcium) for the plant. Triple action!
3) Natural News has a confident-sounding article about tooth remineralization using comfrey and eggshells! I have no idea if this works, but it is a fascinating concept and “looks good on paper” due to the properties of these two items.
4) Cat deterrent. Apparently cats don’t like walking on crunched up eggshells either – and it is said that they will habitually avoid areas where the pieces have been scattered.
5) Use the eggshells as seed planters. This is an elegant idea, and I made a post about it recently: How To Plant Seeds Using Eggshells
A safety tip – it is possible that eggshells may contain bacteria. Putting them in a 150 degree oven for 10 minutes prior to use is suggested, as is cleaning the eggs prior to opening them.
Anyway here is the link to the full list of 20 weird but amazing uses for eggs and eggshells: http://ecosalon.com/20-unusual-uses-for-eggs-egg-shells-and-egg-cartons
Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy, right? However…
Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
=> “Red” Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
Chef Loses 60 lbs While Working On Astonishing New Cookbook: Here's Where You Can Get The Recipes FREE
I have something very exciting to share with you today... Over the past year, my friends at PaleoHacks have been working on a super secret cookbook project with the world-renowned Peter Servold -- a Le Cordon Bleu (World's top culinary school!) trained Chef and owner of Pete's Paleo...
And today, this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door - for FREE!
That's right -- as a special launch promotion, they're offering their brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost.
The cookbook is called Paleo Eats, and it's filled with over 80 chef-created, insanely tasty Paleo recipes -- which means they are free from gluten, soy, dairy, and refined sugar. But most importantly, they are EASY and FAST to make when you see how Pete simplifies gourmet cooking.
Pete has well over 10,000 hours of experience cooking these super healthy gourmet meals -- refining his recipes over the past 10+ years for the absolute perfect taste.
Inside, you'll find recipes like:
• Pan-Roasted Pork Chops w/ Rutabaga Puree & Roasted Beets
• Mongolian Red Pepper Beef w/ Roasted Spaghetti Squash & Chard
• Pear & Proscuitto Salad
• Braised Pulled Pork w/ Sauteed Kale & Roasted Baby Carrots
• (get this) - BACON BARS.
- And a LOT more!
Over 80 amazingly delicious recipes that will help you lose body fat, improve your digestion, boost your energy & immunity, get clearer skin, control blood sugar and help to slow the aging process. You'll even see on this page how Chef Pete himself lost 60 lbs using these recipes!
Pete's meals are out of this world amazing -- you'll get to experience some of the tastiest versions of Paleo favorites -- and some new flavors and recipes that I can guarantee you've never tried:
Grab this opportunity today while it's still available!
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a “Pancreas Jumpstart”
- 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
- The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
If you enjoyed this page:
Please Share This Page: