Please Share This Page:
Please be sure to Join our email list and receive all our latest and best tutorials daily – free!
Image – EverydayRoots.com
Cold sores – those blasted things – are caused by the Herpes Simplex virus, a very widespread malady that is commonly stated to be incurable. The current medical paradigm is that once you have Herpes, there’s no getting rid of it – and the best you can do is to manage the occurrence and severity of outbreaks.
We found a great tutorial over at Everyday Roots which lists 16 Home Remedies For Cold Sores. These are great – but I have four more to add.
1) Tea tree essential oil. Using a cotton bud, dab a tiny spot of tea tree right onto the outbreak. Note that it’s typically advised to dilute the tea tree prior to use (olive oil, coconut oil or similar is fine) – though to be honest (although I cannot recommend it officially), I have used neat tea tree in this way numerous times and appear to be none the worse for wear. If you can apply tea tree in the earliest possible stages of the outbreak, you may be able to get it to go away before it really takes hold.
2) L-lysine supplementation / L-arginine limitation. L-lysine supplementation is considered valuable in preventing outbreaks. It is also thought that if taken at the first sign of the characteristic “tingling” that signifies the beginning of an outbreak, it may nip it in the bud or speed up the healing process. The converse of this is also true – an imbalance of too much arginine and too little lysine is thought to be a possible trigger for outbreaks, so you may wish to look up a list of foods high in arginine and lower your intake of these (sensibly of course).
3) Colloidal Silver. Some are claiming that this can nip an outbreak in the bud, I haven’t tried it.
4) Reishi. A tip of the hat to those of you who noticed my use of the phrase “current medical paradigm” earlier on in this article. Now, why am I using phrases such as “current medical paradigm”? It’s because I don’t believe that Herpes is incurable. It is merely considered incurable according to the standard medical system of the day (which many people regard as being about as full of holes as a swiss cheese!) It is important to make distinctions between what we know as fact, and what we think we know, or have been led to believe.
My personal opinion is that Herpes may be curable by the use of Reishi tincture. Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) is a strange fungus that has been prized in Chinese medicine since ancient times. It is considered strongly antiviral and thought to give great support to the immune system.
And how, you may ask, did I come to this opinion? It’s because I used to get cold sores, and since taking a course of Reishi, have not had a single outbreak in at least six months. We’ll see how long it lasts – but so far so good. Reishi is good for all sorts of other things too and worth learning about (check out our page, linked above, for a full report on Reishi).
For those who want to get even more cosmic – how about this for an idea: Do you think it possible that we have a symbiotic relationship with the plant – and its medicinal effects can be altered by what we “ask” it to do? Now that’s the kind of research I would like to see. 😉
Ok here is the link to the original 16 cold sore remedies tutorial: http://everydayroots.com/cold-sore-remedies
I Can't Help Showing This Off
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2017.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
- Famous Chef Sheds 60lbs Researching New Paleo Recipes: Get The Cookbook FREE Here
- #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat
- "Red" Smoothie Helps Alabama Girl Shed 80lbs!
- [PROOF] Reverse Diabetes with a “Pancreas Jumpstart”
- 7 odd foods that KILL your abdominal fat (surprising fat-fighters)
- Here's What Happens When You "Unlock Your Hip Flexors"
- The #1 WORST food that CAUSES Faster Aging (beware -- Are you eating this?)
If you enjoyed this page:
Please Share This Page: